Chronic Pain can cause a lot of suffering for patients, their families, and their communities. The medical profession has not done a very good job of helping people with chronic pain understand pain and how to treat it over the past 20 years. In fact, many medical treatments, do not help patients recover from chronic pain. Our Australian colleagues have created an excellent video to help us understand and manage chronic pain - all in less than 5 minutes. As discussed in this excellent video, our doctors help patients actively manage their own pain by building greater physical and mental health.
Some other excellent resources to learn about chronic pain and pain treatments:
- The Pain Project - www.thepainproject.org
- Learn about the brain and chronic pain - www.neuroplastix.com
- Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Pain - www.pain.goalistics.com
- Chronic pain and addiction - www.cdc.gov/rxawareness
- Anti-inflammatory diet for chronic pain - www.health.clevelandclinic.org
- The Pain Toolkit - www.paintoolkit.org